The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 11.0 Troubleshooting course is three days of instructor-led training that will help you:
- Use firewall tools, including the CLI, to investigate networking issues
- Follow proven troubleshooting methodologies that are specific to individual features
- Analyze advanced logs to resolve various real-life scenarios
- Solve advanced, scenario-based challenges
Exclusive to Fast Lane / iTLS:
Additional Palo Alto Labs and extended lab hours after the course
- Site-to-Site VPN Troubleshooting Lab
- Transit Traffic Troubleshooting Labs
Who should attend
Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, Network Engineers, and Support Staff
Participants must complete thecourse. Participants must have strong practical knowledge of routing and switching, IP addressing, and network-security concepts, and at least six months of on-the-job experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
Successful completion of this three-day, instructor-led course should enhance the participant’s understanding of how to troubleshoot the full line of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. Participants will perform hands-on troubleshooting related to the configuration and operation of the Palo Alto Networks firewall. Completion of this class will help participants develop an in-depth knowledge of how to troubleshoot visibility and control over applications, users, and content.