Chi dovrebbe partecipare
This course is designed for application developers.
- Experience with application development or
- Proficiency in using an IDE such as Red Hat® Developer Studio or VSCode
- (Recommended, not required)
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
Obiettivi del Corso
Impact on the organization
DevOps with Jenkins, Test-Driven Development, and Git version control, improves application time-to-market and code quality. This approach makes applications more resilient and enables organizations to quickly implement new features and respond to a quickly changing market.
Impact on the individual
You will be able to use the concepts in this course to simplify and more efficiently integrate your application code, build reliable code with TDD, and use automated pipelines to simplify testing. You will learn how to build pipelines, design applications with a “test first” approach, and integrate application code with Git. This course is intended to illustrate the benefits of DevOps and the tools that support its implementation.
Contenuti del Corso
Build essential skills to implement agile and DevOps development processes and workflows.
DevOps practices have enabled organizations to undergo a digital transformation, moving from a monolithic waterfall approach to a rapidly deploying cloud-based agile process. This transformation requires a team of developers trained to use tools that enable them to spend more time coding and testing and less time troubleshooting. Red Hat DevOps Pipelines and Processes: CI/CD with Jenkins, Git, and Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a practical introduction to DevOps for developers that teaches students the necessary skills and technologies for automated building and deploying of cloud-native applications.
Course content summary
- Version control with Git
- Build and execute Jenkins pipelines
- Release strategies
- Build applications with Test Driven Development
- Security scanning and code analysis of applications
- Monitor applications and pipelines
- Consume and troubleshoot pipelines