Who should attend
Site Reliability Engineers and OpenShift Administrators interested in using 3scale API Management to manage, monitor, secure, and monetize their cloud-native APIs.
- Take our free assessment to gauge whether this offering is the best fit for your skills.
- Complete or demonstrate equivalent knowledge.
- Familiarity with testing REST APIs and security concepts like API keys, tokens and OAuth/OIDC.
Impact on the organization
A robust API Management solution is at the forefront of the enterprise digital transformation along with cloud-native microservice architectures, and agile development practices. Red Hat 3scale API Management allows organizations to easily increase customer value by securely exposing your APIs for consumption with fine-grained control and monetization options, and simplifies the ability to manage the services provided by your APIs.
This course develops the skills needed to produce secure, scalable, and reliable APIs that are managed by Red Hat 3scale API Management.
Impact on the individual
As a result of attending this course, you will be able to accelerate the adoption of your APIs for consumption by your customers, partners, and internal users by using 3scale API Management. You will be able to achieve this through learning and demonstrating the following skills:
Install and configure 3scale API Management. Create, manage, monitor and monetize APIs. Establish and configure API subscription plans and configure rate limits. Create developer portals for documenting your APIs and onboarding developers and partners. Secure access to your APIs using API keys, key-pairs and OAuth/OIDC using Red Hat Single Sign-on (SSO).
Manage, monetize, and secure APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management
Build and Administer APIs with Red Hat 3scale API Management (DO240) is a hands-on, lab-based course that gives SREs and administrators an introduction to managing cloud-native APIs with Red Hat® 3scale API Management. This course enables developers and administrators to install, administer, monetize, secure and document your cloud-native APIs.
Course content summary
- Understand 3scale API Management architecture and primary features.
- Learn typical API use cases and strategies.
- Install 3scale API Management on OpenShift.
- Establish and configure subscription plans and rate limits.
- Configure and customize the API gateway using policies.
- Monitor and analyze API traffic.
- Configure and test API service discovery.
- Configure a developer portal and monetize your APIs.
- Configure API security using tokens, API key-pairs, and OAuth/OIDC using Red Hat Single Sign-on (SSO).