Chi dovrebbe partecipare
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS.
Questo corso è parte della seguente certificazione:
Students must have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the OSI model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also have attended the Introduction to the Junos Operating System(IJOS) and the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) courses or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
Obiettivi del Corso
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe carrier Ethernet.
- Describe the different Ethernet standards organizations.
- Describe the Layer 2 services that are available on the MX Series 3D Universal Edge Routers.
- Describe the function of an Ethernet LAN.
- Describe learning and forwarding in a bridging environment.
- Describe Ethernet frame filtering.
- Implement VLAN tagging.
- Implement IRB.
- Implement a Layer 2 firewall filter.
- Describe the usage of a routing instance.
- Describe the function of a virtual router.
- Describe the function of a virtual switch.
- Implement a virtual switch.
- Describe interconnecting routing instances.
- Describe the different Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) VLAN stacking models.
- Describe the components of provider bridging.
- Configure and monitor provider bridging.
- Describe the components of provider backbone bridging.
- Configure and monitor provider backbone bridging.
- Explain the purpose of the Spanning Tree Protocol (STP).
- Describe the basic operation of the STP, the Rapid Spanning Tree Protocol (RSTP), the Multiple Spanning Tree Protocol (MSTP), and the VLAN Spanning Tree Protocol (VSTP).
- Configure and monitor the STP, the RSTP, the MSTP, and the VSTP.
- Explain the purpose of bridge protocol data unit (BPDU), loop, and root protection.
- Explain typical OAM features.
- Describe the basic operation of link fault management (LFM).
- Describe the basic operation of connectivity fault management (CFM).
- Configure and monitor Ethernet OAM.
- Describe the basic operation of Ethernet Ring Protection (ERP).
- Configure and monitor ERP.
Follow On Courses
Contenuti del Corso
This two-day course provides students with intermediate switching knowledge and configuration examples. The course includes an overview of switching concepts such as LANs, Layer 2 address learning, bridging, virtual LANs (VLANs), provider bridging, provider backbone bridging, VLAN translation, spanning-tree protocols, and Ethernet Operation, Administration, and Maintenance (OAM). This course also covers Junos operating system-specific implementations of Integrated Routing and Bridging (IRB) interfaces, routing instances, virtual switches, load balancing, and port mirroring. This course is based on the Junos OS Release 10.0R2.10.