Who should attend
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform exam will be of interest to anyone seeking to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of managing large and complex projects and using Ansible automation controller and Ansible automation hub including:
- Experienced Linux system administrators
- DevOps engineers
- Cloud administrators
- Other IT professionals
- Take , or possess comparable work experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Ansible Automation Platform, automation hub, and automation controller.
- Take , or possess comparable work experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux and Ansible Automation Platform.
- Review the exam objectives.
- Take our free assessment to find the course that best supports your preparation for this exam.
A Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform should be able to perform the following:
- Install Ansible Automation Platform
- Install Private Automation Hub
- Install automation controller
- Configure automation controller after installation
- Configure Private Automation Hub
- Upload content collections to Private Automation Hub
- Upload execution environments to Private Automation Hub
- Manage access to Private Automation Hub
- Create groups and assign different permissions to groups
- Create users and assign them to groups
- Configure user types
- Manage access for automation controller
- Create automation controller users and teams
- Associate users with teams associations
- Configure organization roles
- Configure user types
- Manage inventories and credentials
- Create host groups
- Assign systems to host groups
- Configure access to inventories
- Configure inventory variables
- Create and configure machine credentials to access hosts
- Manage automation controller projects
- Create projects
- Create job templates
- Control user access to job templates
- Launch jobs
- Create a job template survey
- Use variables from a survey in a Jinja template
- Schedule jobs and manage notifications
- Manage automation controller workflows
- Create workflow templates
- Launch workflow jobs
- Configure workflow jobs for automatic approval
- Manage advanced inventories
- Import external static inventories
- Filter hosts with Smart Inventories
- Work with the automation controller API
- Understand how to use an API script to obtain required parameters for launching jobs
- Write an API scriptlet to launch a job
- Install and configure automation mesh
- Install automation mesh
- Create and manage instance groups
- Assign default instance groups to controller inventories or templates
- Run controller job templates in a specific instance group
- Back up Ansible Ansible Automation Platform
- Back up an instance of automation controller
- Back up an instance of Ansible Private Hub
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
The Red Hat Certified Specialist in Developing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform exam tests your ability to use advanced features of Ansible Automation Platform to use Ansible to manage environments at scale.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in Managing Automation with Ansible Automation Platform that also counts towards earning a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA®).
Objectives listed for this exam are based on the most recent Red Hat product version available. Click "Get started" to view all versions of this exam available for purchase.