The Red Hat Certified Specialist in API Management exam (EX240) tests your ability to create and maintain enterprise APIs using Red Hat® 3scale API Management.
By passing this exam, you become a Red Hat Certified Specialist in API Management, which also counts toward becoming a Red Hat Certified Architect (RHCA).
This exam is based on Red Hat 3scale API Management 2.4.
Chi dovrebbe partecipare
- Application developers in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing enterprise APIs using 3scale by Red Hat
- Administrators or architects in a DevOps role who are responsible for managing enterprise APIs using 3scale by Red Hat
Possess hands-on experience with the Red Hat 3scale API Management platform
Red Hat encourages you to consider taking ! to help prepare. Attendance in these classes is not required; students can choose to take just the exam.
While attending Red Hat classes can be an important part of one's preparation to take this exam, attending class does not guarantee success on the exam. Previous experience, practice, and native aptitude are also important determinants of success.
Many books and other resources on system administration for Red Hat's products are available. Red Hat does not officially endorse any as preparation guides for its exam. Nevertheless, you may find additional reading deepens understanding and can prove helpful.
Contenuti del Corso
To help you prepare, the exam objectives highlight the task areas you can expect to see covered in the exam.
You should be able to accomplish these tasks without assistance:
- Create and maintain application plans
- Configure limits and pricing rules
- Create and update user accounts
- Configure user credentials
- Send user invitations
- Maintain group memberships
- Configure usage rules and information gathered from users
- Maintain application states and plans
- Monitor usage, averages, and top applications
- Analyze alerts, traffic, and integration errors
- Maintain API credentials
- Configure access tokens
- Provide access control using OpenID Connect, API key, and/or App_ID, App_Key Pair
- Configure SSO integration
- Configure ActiveDocs using OpenAPI standards
- Configure payment gateway
- Configure credit card policies
- Configure billing periods
- Update users billing state
- Configure billing details and invoice items
- Issue, charge, and cancel invoices
- Customize developer portal
- Configure legal terms
- Configure portal settings
- Add services from an underlying OpenShift cluster
- Configure methods and metrics
- Configure API gateway to point to private API
- Promote API gateway to staging and production
- Customize service authentication settings and service response
- Create and maintain custom service policies
As with all Red Hat performance-based exams, configurations must persist after reboot without intervention.
This exam consists of a single section lasting 3 hours and offers a performance-based evaluation of your abilities to create and maintain enterprise APIs using the Red Hat 3scale API Management product. You will perform a number of routine tasks similar to those you would be expected to perform in a production environment, and you will be evaluated on whether you have met specific, objective criteria as outlined in the exam.
Scores and reporting
Official scores for exams come exclusively from Red Hat Certification Central. Red Hat does not authorize examiners or training partners to report results to candidates directly. Scores on the exam are usually reported within 3 US business days.
Exam results are reported as total scores. Red Hat does not report performance on individual items, nor will it provide additional information upon request.