Chi dovrebbe partecipare
This intermediate course is for individuals who assess or plan to deploy the IBM Storwize V7000 and leverage storage network virtualization solutions.
- Complete Introduction to Storage Networking (Lecture Only) (SN70AU) or Storage Area Networking Fundamentals (SN71BAU) or have equivalent knowledge
- Have a basic understanding of concepts associated with open systems disk storage systems and I/O operations
Contenuti del Corso
This course is designed to leverage SAN storage connectivity, by integrating a layer of intelligence - the IBM Storwize V7000 - to facilitate storage application data access independence from storage management functions and requirements. The focus is on planning and implementation tasks associated with integrating the IBM Storwize V7000 into the storage area network. It exploits both internal storage of the IBM Storwize V7000 as well as SAN attached external heterogeneous storage, to centralize storage provisioning to both Fibre Channel and iSCSI host servers from common storage pools. It also explains how to:
- Improve storage utilization effectiveness using thin provisioning and Real-time Compression
- Implement storage tiering and optimize solid state drives (SSDs) usage with Easy Tier
- Address backup recovery point objectives and recovery time objectives with FlashCopy technology
- Facilitate the coexistence and migration of data from non-virtualized to the virtualized environment
- Scale-out with a clustered Storwize V7000 system for capacity, throughput, and greater management efficiency
Note: This course covers the Storwize V7000 product but does not cover the features of the Storwize V7000 Unified or Flex System V7000 Storage Node. The features of the Storwize V7000 Unified product are covered in the course IBM Storwize V7000 Unified Implementation Workshop (SSG0AU). The features of the Flex System V7000 Storage Node are in the course IBM Flex System V7000 Storage Node (NGT61AU).