This two-day course series builds on the networking concepts covered in the Networking in Google Cloud quest. Through recorded lectures, demonstrations, and labs, participants explore and deploy Google Cloud networking technologies. These technologies include Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) networks, subnets, and firewalls; interconnection among networks; Load balancing, Cloud DNS, Cloud CDN, and private connection options. The course also covers common network design patterns, billing, pricing, monitoring, and troubleshooting.
Who should attend
This course is intended for the following participants:
- Network Engineers and Network Admins who are either using Google Cloud Platform or planning to do so
- Individuals who want to be exposed to software-defined networking solutions in the cloud.
This course is part of the following Certifications:
- course (or equivalent experience)
- Networking Fundamentals in Google Cloud quest (or equivalent experience)
- Prior understanding of the 7-layer OSI model
- Prior understanding of IPv4 addressing
- Prior experience with managing IPv4 routes
- Configure Google VPC networks, subnets, and routers, and control administrative access to VPC objects.
- Route traffic by using DNS traffic steering.
- Control access to VPC networks.
- Implement network connectivity between Google Cloud projects.
- Implement load balancing.
- Reduce latency to access content by using Cloud CDN.
- Configure connectivity to Google Cloud VPC networks.
- Configure private connection options to Google Cloud APIs and services
- Identify the best Network Service Tier for your needs.
- Configure monitoring and logging to help troubleshoot network problems.