In this course you will learn how to translate various concepts in Teradata to the analogous concepts in BigQuery. You will learn how the high-level architectures of Teradata and BigQuery compare, understand differences in how to configure datasets and tables, map data types in Teradata to data types in BigQuery, understand schema mapping from Teradata to BigQuery, optimize your new schemas in BigQuery, and do a high-level comparison of SQL dialects in Teradata and BigQuery.
Who should attend
Data analysts, engineers, scientists, application developers, and more generally Teradata users who wish to transfer their skills and knowledge to BigQuery.
Completion of a course covering an introduction to BigQuery (e.g. ”From Data to Insights with Google Cloud”) or equivalent experience using BigQuery.
- Comparing architecture and provisioning of resources in Teradata and BigQuery
- Configuring datasets and tables in BigQuery
- Mapping data types in Teradata to data types in BigQuery
- Mapping and optimizing schemas from Teradata to BigQuery
- SQL translation from Teradata to BigQuery