Packet Analysis with Wireshark Analyzer (PAW)
Chi dovrebbe partecipare
Network administrators, network managers and all technical staff who are responsible for planning, implementing, and ensuring high performance operation of their data networks.
Basic understanding of Network Fundamentals and TCP/IP operation.
Obiettivi del Corso
Participants will receive a comprehensive introduction into the features, functions and the usage of the Wireshark Analyzer and will learn methods and techniques about monitoring and analysis of their networks from the packet level.
Contenuti del Corso
Features, functions and basic operation of Wireshark Analyzer
- Introduction and operation of Wireshark
- Live Capture and Live Capture settings
- Display options and basic interpretation
- Working with Display Filters and Capture Filters
- File Input and Output
Advanced features of Wireshark Analyzer
- Preferences and user profiles
- Name resolution
- Reconstructing user data – Protocol reassembly
- Packet colorization
Methodology and techniques of network analysis
- What is packet analysis?
- Steps and techniques for analyzing traffic
- Analysing Switched Ethernet - Tapping into the network
- Capturing wireless network traffic
- Measuring network delay and response time
- Measuring network throughput and overhead
Statistics and Baselining
- Baselining of networks and applications
- Wireshark statistics
Analysing networks and applications
- Typical network related problems
- Application types and typical application related problems
- "Is it the network or the application?" – Fault isolation
- Analysing and reconstructing voice traffic